At Berkeley-based Bread SRSLY, they’re serious about reuniting gluten-free eaters with their beloved sourdough. They use organic gluten-free grains and the magic of wild fermentation to bake traditional sourdough bread that is delicious, nourishing, and comforting. Here’s a delicious s’mores recipe using their Classic Sourdough Bread that makes the perfect treat for summer outdoor entertaining.
SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough S’Mores
Summer just isn’t complete without an ooey, gooey, chocolaty s’more! Try this fun variation sandwiched between crispy cinnamon sugar mini sourdough toasts for a gluten-free and vegan treat.
Gluten-free + Vegan
Makes: ~ 10-12 mini toasts for 5-6 loaded s’mores
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12-14 minutes
SRSLY Cinnamon Sugar Mini-Toasts
Vegan marshmallows (I used Dandies)
Dark chocolate bars
Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take each ¼ in slice of sourdough and trim off crust, turning each slice into a roughly 2” square. (Save crust and cut pieces to use for breadcrumbs or croutons later!)
2. In a small bowl, stir together butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, until combined and creamy. Spread one side of each mini toast with the cinnamon butter and place, butter-side-up, on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes (14 for darker and crispier toasts), and then remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Fire up your bonfire and arrange your s’mores platter with the cinnamon sugar toasts and your fillings of choice.
5. Whether you burn your mallows to a crisp or patiently wait for them to reach that perfect golden hue, smash your mallows, chocolate, and everything else between two SRSLY Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Toasts for a gluten-free s’mores experience you’ll want to recreate all summer long.
Recipe created by Katie Matthews @farelyrooted
For more delicious Bread SRSLY recipes, click here.